2017-18 Course Catalog GO HERE
Go HERE to see the Career Path High Course Requirements Mapping for Grades 9-12
Go HERE to see Graduation Requirements and Differentiated Diplomas
Seminary is available through two options:
- Seminary class is held in the LDS building located on the DATC campus for all grades M-TH from 8am-9am. Sign up during CPH course registration.
- Seminary can be taken at your LDS seminary on the campus of your high school of residence. You can contact the seminary directly for information and enrollment.
Our Students earn High School credits through their Davis Tech Career and Technical Program
Your Davis Tech Program is the mechanism for how you earn your CTE and elective credits required by the State of Utah for a high school diploma. Therefore, it is not optional to be in a program, it is mandatory and constitutes a portion of your necessary high school credits. While all high school students must earn one CTE credit and six elective credits, as a student at Career Path High you have the benefit of earning those credits simultaneously while earning a college Career & Technical Certification!
Credits earned satisfy 1.0 required CTE credit and 6.0 required Elective credits.
- 30 hours = .25 credit (30 Progress hours in a Davis Tech Program transfer to .25 high school credit)
- Average Program is 900-1200 hrs. (Ex. 900 Davis Tech Progress hours = 7.5 high school credits)
- Additional credits may be earned/satisfied through Davis Tech courses/hours as accepted and approved by Career Path High Administration.
As an Early College High School,
our students will enroll in a chosen Career and Technical Program offered by the Davis Technical College. That college experience will enhance their high school learning and make it more meaningful. All course work, whether hands-on or online, will help students progress toward completion, mastery, certification and job placement.
Students are expected to graduate from Career Path High with a high school diploma and a completed industry-based technical certificate. We believe that the right blend of digital curriculum, high school and Davis Tech hands-on mentored training, and appropriate use of technology will give students a personalized pathway to a diploma and career certification that leads to job placement in Utah’s modern work force with a higher wage and greater success in college.
- Our students will be located on the Davis Tech campus and simultaneously immersed in a high school and college track while experiencing a college environment.
- Our students will be given the unique opportunity to access a 21st century college model with “state-of-the-art facilities,” lab environments, and Davis Tech’s schools of expertise.
- Our student’s learning will be competency-based, allowing maximum flexibility to work on their own path and at their own pace to coincide with the career and educational pathways and college experience of the Davis Tech.
- Our students will be provided with an accelerated track to both career placement and college.
It is the policy of the school that original credit must be earned through Career Path High. Original credit earned through an alternative source must be PRE-APPROVED by both the counselor and administration.